Saturday, October 10, 2015

{Windows are the eyes of the Cottage}


Or so they say, right!!!! ;) Finally had a chance to hang these gorgeous oak shelves.

If you know me at all, you know that I'm all about a distressed finish which is why I did a white wash technique using the same color aqua that I painted the front door in! And the best part... The wood came from a friends old homestead! Love that! 




There are so many white washing recipes out there! I found that it honestly comes down to personal preference! I started out with 3 parts water 1 part paint but after painting a board decided I wanted a lil' more of a sheerness to it. So my recipe ended up being 4 to 1! 

 
I'd recommend mixing it in a bigger container so you have plenty is room to mix it! 


Since I only did two boards today I just brushed it on but when doing multiple boards I'd recommend a sponge roller!

Wishing you a blessed day! 
T

No comments:

Post a Comment